Monday, January 10, 2011

Where is the time going?


Wow...time is flying by and I'm just getting carried along with it! I'm working ... really I am, but I don't seem to be keeping up by any stretch...heavy sigh. Anybody else still have their Christmas tree up?! Mine is becoming a fire hazard and it isn't coming down today either. We took a road trip this weekend to meet my husband on an overnight in Minneapolis. That entailed a trip to the American Girl store as well as Ikea. The trip to Ikea has created more work as I purchased a cabinet to contain my daughter's American Girl things and someone has to put it together! Of course she thinks that has to be today somewhere between working on a custom quilt and doing housework. And I'm dying to get the new Evo phone that just came out so that gets added to the list of things to do...like I have the time to learn to use it right now anyway!

I'm not really complaining...I just really need to clone myself to get everything done. I read about all those focused and organized Etsians getting new things made every single day and I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong in my life that I can't keep up...I imagine I'll figure it out and if not, well, I'll just keep on living and loving my life anyway:)

The photos above are of a custom quilt I recently shipped made from tshirts, baby blankets, and an old quilt that was falling apart. This was a challenge and quite fun to make. The woman was thrilled with the final result and wrote:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theresa, the quilt totally exceeded my expectations. It is absolutely wonderful. Steve is thrilled!!!!!!!!!! And it feels like it will only get better with time. I am so appreciative. I can't even believe how each square is so uniquely quilted with a different stitch. Thank you so much. How do I give you a 5-star rating on your site? Once again -- thank you so much.

It's so gratifying to get feedback from people. I love being a part of preserving such precious memories:)

Well, I must get to making this other quilt...all from the Cherrywood fabrics I ordered. I had planned to get it done this weekend but the trip to MN delayed my progress. But then what is life if you can't take the occasional road trip on the spur of the moment? I can't always be responsible!

No comments:

Post a Comment