Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 days and counting!

Just 10 days to Christmas and my world is still a mess! Give it up, right? I'm currently working on a custom quilt for a woman using kids tshirts, blankets, clothing, and an old tattered favorite quilt. This is a first using parts of an old quilt so it will be interesting how I manage to work that into the design. I have ideas...just hoping my quilting machine doesn't hate the thickness of those parts. It will be a wonderful gift. I started working on it last night and I'm headed back up here shortly. I will post pics as I approach completion.

Still have not chosen a color for my kitchen...don't know why I'm so worried about it...it's just paint and it can be redone fairly easily. Heavy sigh.

I bought a load of Cherrywood fabrics for another custom quilt...thankfully it does not have to be completed in time for Christmas. I'm making this one for a man who has always wanted a quilt of his own. I have met some really nice people doing custom work...it's fun to work this way and meet people I'd never run across otherwise.

Check out Cherrywood fabrics...just google them. Soooo pretty, suede appearance. Can't wait to hold them in my hands. Great company to work with. Good customer service and small enough to feel comfortable and welcome. It runs $14/yard so no mistakes allowed on this! I'm making 2 quilts...one for him and one for the site so look for it after the holidays on my Etsy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment