Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st and Counting!

Where is the time going?? It's the first of December...I have our tree up, 80 percent of Christmas gifts purchased, 2 new quilts listed and 2 more by tomorrow....ummm...the house is a mess, my sewing room is chaos. Well all is as planned I guess:)

I went on a little fabric binge the other day....very much fun. I was good though and the vast majority was blender fabrics...with the exception of a cute snowman kit (which I can make and list on Etsy) and the newest Laurel Burch fabric...just the main print though. I do love Laurel Burch; bright beautiful colors and amazing unique designs. I will be listing a cat quilt later using her fabrics.

I just read on line that cotton is supposed to increase in price after the first of the year...that's not good...fabric is already pushing the $10/yard mark...what's next?? I suppose I could not buy anymore fabric and use what I have...HAHAHAHAHA...like I could ever stop buying fabric!! It is a bit tough though to be paying the $10, let alone $11 or $12. I guess we'll see how bad it all gets. I just pulled up the stock trading charts online and prices have doubled since march...so it's not just rumor. The big question will be whether once prices go up, will they ever come back down again. The price is already dropping from that highest level.

Okay, I suppose it is time to get to work now. I had a quilt headed to Canada that never made it:( Thankfully it is one that I can remake as I still have the fabric, so that is my agenda for today...I pieced it yesterday and today I will quilt it so I can get it bound and resent off. No more USPS...gotta stick with UPS or FED EX from now on. Lesson learned...could have been worse and the man was very very nice in giving me a chance to fix this.

Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment