Monday, May 9, 2011

Off to Machine Quilters Showcase

Tomorrow morning I am headed out on my yearly trek to Machine Quilter's Showcase in Kansas City. I will be taking a short detour on the way to Country Expressions quilt shop in Stewartsville, the home of Tula Pink designs. I have never been to this shop so I'm excited to see what it is like:) I also plan to hit the Fabri-quilt warehouse on Wednesday morning to look for fabric to offer to Etsians. I have been there once and am very excited to go again equipt with my wholesale paperwork in place. You never know what wonderful things I may find:)

Wednesday afternoon and evening will be spent at the show. I did not sign up for classes this year so I'm just there to pick up supplies and see whats new. Gammill has made some major upgrades to their machines and although I am not willing to buy a new one just yet, I am curious to see how it runs and if I 'need' to think again..hehe...new and better, right?? $17,800 worth of new and better though so I'm thinking it can wait....maybe...

I'll peruse the quilts looking for ideas which is always fun although show entries are quilted within an inch of their lives and no one (okay, very few) wants to pay for that kind of detail. I am always amazed at the patience these people have...it takes hours and hours over weeks to complete. I'll post some pics upon my return to show you what I mean.

Back after the show with pics and new threads and new gadgets and I'm sure fabric and, and, and...I'm in my element here, can you tell:)

No comments:

Post a Comment