Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My nemesis...Time

Wow...I've been gone from here a long time. Time...there never seems to be enough of it, but I'm trying to make the most of it. I recently spent quite a lot of it working with an Etsy customer who wanted 3 king size quilts. I learned a great deal about shipping overseas and communicating on design ideas. It seems it has all fallen through, but my greatest lesson has been to be true to myself and what I want from this experience. Getting talked into working for less than I'm worth ... well, it does not make for a happy quilter. I am grateful for this experience at this early point in development of my shop. And it is never a waste to work on a quilt as it can always be completed and offered to another:) I'm grateful also for being 46 and thus able to look at this as such a great experience...when I was younger I would have gotten discouraged and upset. Not so now. She may be back, or she may not, but she taught me so very much about being a shop owner.

Given that...I have more time now to write and take pictures and prepare for the holidays. There are so many things I want to make. I LOVE Halloween!! Now I must find the time to put together some wonderful items from my stash of fabrics. I'll post pics this week of new projects...I'll be back and focused!!! This week anyway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment