Friday, April 23, 2010

Country Threads Quilt Shop








On our way home from our trip to Minneapolis we stopped at one of my all time favorite quilt shops. This place was so much fun for my entire family. They live on a farm with chickens, goats, lots of kitties, and a couple of dogs and the quilt shop....well, it was amazing!!!

My dogs were welcomed both indoors and out! They ran through the shop and greeted everyone...so cute! And, a shop with cats running around is always a welcome sight for us. The owners were soooooo nice and such wonderful animal loving folks. One owner takes her time and gas to pick up condemned dogs from one area of MN into Minneapolis to be adopted every week. They have my undying devotion both for running a fabulous quilt shop and loving animals as they do.

My favorite fabric line purchased that day can be seen in the as yet unquilted table runner in the pic above. This stuff is fabulous!!! I wish I'd purchased much more of it. Maybe I'll have to go back...it's only a couple hours away. Here's a link to their shop www.countrythreads.com. They publish a quarterly newspaper called the "Goat Gazette". You can purchase a subscription (they gave me one free...probably because I spent a small fortune there)...it is worth the $12/year.

No comments:

Post a Comment